Pages

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Blizzard of '06

My mum called this morning before going off to work to see how I was doing in the weather we've been having. I said I was fine...it snowed a little but there's mostly just a little on the grassy areas because it's raining now. I guess I sounded a little confused because she asked if I had been listening to the news at all and I said no. Apparently Smithers got 2 feet of snow and it's still snowing. The tree in our front yard is bent right over under it, and our huge willow in the backyard is half it's size and some of the branches have broken off.
She said one of her friends was driving from Vanderhoof last night and it took her 6 hours (the whole drive shouldn't take more than 5 from Smithers to PG), and there were semi's jackknifed and cars in the ditch. And power is out from Morricetown to somewhere around Fraser Lake, though I guess only parts of Smithers are affected. (the picture is care of my friend...that's her daughter in the snowbank)

1 comment:

pilgrimchick said...

Oh, wow--already? I had to take a minute and figure out where that is geographically before I considered it. I know we New Englanders are just waiting in line for that sort of thing to happen to us fairly soon anyway. Right now, it's rain and high seas with mild temps--normal for October. At least the rain just runs off--snow requires forcible removal.