Pages

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

"where life makes sense"...or so they say

At the end of our converstation tonight while Mum asked me why he gets to have us live by his family? I know what she means. And she explained that she is happy for me being happy, but not happy for her. I told her I would rather we lived close to my family...but....and she finished the sentence for me. "There's no work here...yeah...it sucks." And that's it exactly. I don't know what I would do living in Smithers. Brad can be a health inspector anywhere that has a job...as soon as his bursary is paid off in another year, but I don't know what I would do. I like Smithers, but I feel like the only tie I have to the town is my family now. Not to belittle them, but it doesn't feel like home anymore. When I drive down mainstreet, I don't feel like it's my place anymore. I feel like a visitor. I wish I could live close to my parents...and it breaks my heart when I think about not seeing my mum and da for months on end...but the realistic bit of it is that there isn't anything there for me as an adult. But she's right, it's not fair.

No comments: