Pages

Monday, October 30, 2006

Here's To The Ladies

Here is to the women who have helped me along the way and brought me to where I am.
(that's right, I blame you! hahaha!)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
To Meghan (MAGAN!!!)
Who can always be counted on to make me come close to peeing myself laughing.
My original pirate matey...And who Wood When A Race in Quibic!

To Denise
Who is the only person I can imagine spending Christmas Day with at the lake burning photos in the snow.
To Katrina
Who was always completely honest and forthcoming with her opinions without sacrificing compassion.

To Leah (my twin...it's the blue eyes! hahaha!)
Who danced with me behind the bar and helped me screw with guys heads. Who laughed insanely when everything fell appart in August of 2005.
Who showed me it is possible to grow a second feeling,
and Who promised to run away with me to join the Lesbian Circus.
To Britt
Who inspired me to work harder at school, and who was a support just by making me feel like I wasn't the only one feeling homesick and lovelorn.

To Heather (Honey)
Who, even though she may be having the worst day in history still smiles.
Who helped get my ass in gear to start going to the gym...but who comes over to talk all night and eat cheesecake and drink tea.

To Mare (Pegs Genova)
Who taught me to be tough and take no crap, and who I could always count on to listen and do something completely ridiculous and make me laugh until it hurts.
Who was there with a hug whether I asked for one or not, and who I shared more episodes of Friends, Cheesecakes, scrapbooking sessions, and Emotional Crisis than I could even begin to count.

To Maureen (my mo-mo)
Who has known me for over 12 years and who I have shared more life experiences with than anyone. Who, no matter what trials our friendship goes through, will always forgive and be forgiven. Who has been there through all of my mistakes and triumphs and who is never embarassed by me...and who I can always count on to buy snail and turkey finger puppets even though we're 24 years old and in public!

And to my Mum,
Who, God help us, understands me like no one else, and bestowed her morals and ethics upon me, and her ability to make up silly hums and silly dances.
And who, by the grace of God, still loves me after all I've put her through.

-~-~-~-~-
So thank you, ladies, for being yourselves and for helping me to be myself.
I love each of you more than I know how to tell you.

2 comments:

*M* said...

WARN ME when i'm going to be teary in the newsroom! thanks for my shout out! i'm honoured to be on that list, and to be your friend. love you hun
(HI mrs williams!!!)

Anonymous said...

You made me get teary. And I too am honoured to be on the list and give a shout out to your mom. Just remember for every woman on this list, you have enriched their (my) lives immensely and I thank you for that.