Pages

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Thoughts before bed...

Before I go to bed (as I should have done several hours ago), I want to put this thought out that has been plaguing me all day: I have become a bitch. A raving, angry, short-fused, bitch. I don't especially like it, but I feel like I don't have the time or energy to deal with other people's stupidity.
An example:
Al invites me to his place for a pay per view hockey game. When I say "invite" I mean, he tells me about it and demands "are you coming?" I tell him I can't. He (mockingly) says "why? got another phone date?" Last time I didn't go to a game was because I said I had a phone date with Brad (we make plans to talk to each other with the thought in mind we will be on the phone for a very long time and not to make other plans that night). I tell him no, it's actually because I have to go to the City Council meeting tonight. Fast-forward to 5:30. I'm just about to go home, and walk past the Wolf control room when I hear Al yell "JESS ISN'T COMING" in an accusing tone. I stop in my tracks, turn and walk back to the control room. He's in there talking to Wil and I say, with a perfectly straight face and a 'you don't want to mess with me right now' tone in my voice "First of all, don't start pulling a Whitey. Do you know what that is? It's where Whitey invites you to something and then guilt trips you when you say you can't go because you have other plans. Second, I have a council meeting tonight. I am going because I am taking Wil's shift. I am working tonight. And third...now this may completely change you opinion of me, but *whispered* I don't really like hockey all that much." He stares at me as though I've just confessed to feeding dead kittens to snakes. Then he yells out to Docc, and when Docc arrives he points at me and says "Docc! Jess just said she doesn't like hockey all that much!!!!" and Docc looks at Al, looks at me, and says "I know".
Basically, I was way more stern than I should have been given the circumstances and the fact I'm pretty sure Al was just trying to tease me....but I really don't care. I've had enough of people harassing me, even if it is supposed to be a joke. I'm tired of this.
I think a large part of it was the way he was mocking me for having phone dates at the start.
I'm sick of people either mocking my relationship or trying to get me to cheat on Brad. This is getting ridiculous. No one seems to appreciate the Monogamous relationship anymore, which may be the saddest thing I've ever heard.
On a totally unrelated note: It's been friggin forever since I last wrote up a normal resume...as in not a radio resume (which are different). I've just spent the last 2 hours revamping mine. I think it's good...or, well, as good as it's going to get at 2am. Hopefully the lady from the Swift Chamber will write to me tomorrow and I'll actually be able to send it off to her.

1 comment:

Heather K. said...

I hope you know how very much I appreciate your relationship with Brad. A friend of mine is able to have a functional adult, monogamous, serious relationship??? Wow.....why are you friends with me??? Oh wait....to give me advice because when it comes to relationships we both know I ain't the expert in our friendship.