Pages

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Oh well

Well, no surprise, but the job at the chamber was filled. Obviously the person they hired isn't doing a wonderful job because (from what I understood) upkeep on the website was part of the job description...and it hasn't been updated since July. Like I said, no surprise.
I had tried not to get my hopes up, but the more I thought about it, the more I was interested and hopeful. Silly Jessica. Oh well. guess it's back to the drawing board. And thanks so much to everyone who expressed their support. I really appreciate it.
Work is...well...pooey. The place is stripped to the barebones minimum and I'm pretty sure everyone is feeling the crunch. Constant technical problems are making things very difficult to deal with (and the tech issues are because the company is too cheap to pay what they should pay for appropriate software...or at least, that's my understanding). It's just one thing after another and it all comes down to a cheap cheap cheap penny-pinching company.
Sigh. The good news is I plan to go to the gym tonight with Heather and hopefully that will lift the spirits a wee bit. I also got A Breath of Snow and Ashes back from Carol and so now I can continue reading the saga (again and again and again).

No comments: