Pages

Sunday, October 22, 2006

coffee please

I find the ammount of coffee I need in the morning to be able to function relates directly to how screwed up my dreams are the night before. Last night's dreams were messed up. I don't remember much of them at all....little snippits here and there. One part though, involved me sitting up in bed and my ex, Chris, coming into the room. I avoided looking at thim because since we broke up (nearly five years ago) he's always done everything in his power to avoid looking at me, and just avoid me in general. So, I'm not looking at him as he sits down on the bed next to me. Then he took my hand and asked me if we could be friends. I finally looked at him and nodded and smiled and he smiled too. Strangely (or not so strangely depending on how well you know me), these sorts of dreams aren't exactly uncommon for me. I don't have them very often anymore, but I used to dream about Chris wanting to be my friend very frequently. As I said, if you know me very well then you know how much it bothers me when someone hates me. And let's just say I would probably fall over with shock if Chris were actually to come up to me and strike up a converstation with me. Especially following the incident at the Twin last Christmas. Oy.
These days though, it doesn't bother me all that much. I made my efforts to smooth things over several times, and well, no takers. Besides, it's been almost 5 years. That being said, I need a lot of coffee this morning.

No comments: