Pages

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Happily Ever After?

In the same way that Merlot and Email don't mix, I wonder if merlot and blogging too are at odds?
I'm not going to lie, I'm more than a little drunk right now. A small part of me feels a twinge of concern at having reached this state alone, but mostly I feel that every now and again a little (or a lot of) wine and a night to oneself is not a sin, but a therapy. And while I find myself soothed and relaxed (and how could I feel anything but?) I also find myself in a state of loneliness.
Chick flicks are a wonderful therapy on their own, but really I should have learned from past experience that they leave me feeling sad. How do these characters, who are nothing more than an inkling of someone's imagination, end up happily ever after? When does the happily ever after come into play for the rest of us? I have no doubt it will come...it's the timeline that's troublesome.
I want to go to Venice. I want to see this romantic place...somewhere I never actually thought I would go. For a very long time it's seemed something like Neverland...a wonderful place that really seems to only be a fantasy...but it is, in fact, real, and so, why can't I go? Exactly. No reason at all (asides from the lack of money, but that's not going to be the case forever, right?). So, here it is: I want to go to Venice. Maybe on a honeymoon? How terribly romantic!
But for now, the only place I will be going is to bed, for fear of utterly embarassing myself when I read this tomorrow.

No comments: