Pages

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

"I don't know why she swallowed the fly..."

I was attempting to record the 11 oclock casts for the network and kept stumbling over my words and tripping over my tongue. So I hastily grabbed my waterbottle and took a swig. Feeling something solid in my mouth, I managed to swallow the water around it and spit out whatever was in my mouth. To my utter horror, it was a fly. I got up and calmly went to the bathroom where I swished around some toothpaste in my mouth and spat repeatedly. I know this probably won't do any good, but it felt better to know I had at least tried to clean my mouth without attempting to gargle bleach (NOT a good idea, would probably kill a person, but it was a tempting thought).
Subsequent research online did not turn up any evidence that people have died or even becoming exceedingly ill from swallowing, or nearly swallowing a fly...though I am still a little nervous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEHEHEHEHEHE!! you just about swallowed a fly!!! hehehehehehe. Just kidding, it happens to the best of us. A little fly never hurt no one. LOVE YOU!!! Fly eater.
Brad